Thursday, May 7, 2015

One down, two to go! 
FUCK CANCER! 

Ahhh the TBCC, my home away from home! Last year I was upstairs at the special services building and had a bed and room alone in the dark which I LOVED! I was able to get a great sleep for six hours. This go around I am in the chemo day care unit on the ground floor and kinda have my own room, more like a cubicle and instead of a bed I get a chair that reclines. Not bad, at least I can lay back but the sleeping isn't as comfortable. Oh well, I really am not complaining, just explaining! 
I took a chance on wearing the Fuck Cancer shirt and it was a hit! Who really can complain... We all feel the same about this nasty fucker!! 

My nurse today was Chelsea and she was great! The needle poke (yes, I'm on to poke #4) really wasn't bad! 

I was given benadryl which made me so tired and woke up a few hours later to the Paclitaxel being dripped into my body. That is the longest drug that I take. The second drug, carboplatin only takes half an hour. Yep I slept through that one too. I asked Chelsea if I had been snoring and she said no... But we all know that's a lie! I am my mother's daughter, we always snore! Right mother??? 
Then a 15 min drip of fluids to clean out the lines and I was done! 



So just like that I was done this round and so far feel pretty normal. Guess we will see what tomorrow brings... Crossing my fingers! 

I've also changed the settings on here so feel free to leave comments! 

1 comment:

  1. Me snore????... I like to refer to it as purring...lol! Oh Erica...you are smart, beautiful, and you crack me up with your wonderful blog and "my sense of humour"...Hahaha! Love you my BEAUTIFUL Daughter! xoxoxox You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete